Many teens get nervous before coming to Teen Clinic for the first time. It can help to be prepared, so here are some things you can expect.
Highlights from a typical visit:
- Just like for any appointment, you’ll fill out paperwork.
- You’ll have to give a urine sample so be sure to drink water ahead of time. We collect urine samples from ALL patients. Sometimes we use it for a variety of tests, sometimes we don’t use it at all!
- In the privacy of an exam room, you’ll be asked about your medical history and have a chance to ask questions.
- A trained nurse practitioner (NP) will give you a physical exam if you request one or need one.
- You’ll talk with the NP about your concerns and any testing or medication you need or want.
- At the end of the appointment, you’ll review any health plans you discussed during your visit and schedule any follow up appointments you may need…
Phew! That wasn’t so hard!
To make an appointment, click here.