Many pregnancy symptoms can be very similar to symptoms of a period. Your body acting different can also be a sign of many things other than pregnancy. Because of this, the only way to know for sure if you’re pregnant is to take a pregnancy test 14 days after unprotected sex. After that initial 14 days, you will get an accurate result. Because you took the test only 2-5 days after sex, that result could not be accurate.
Teen Clinic offers pregnancy tests on an appointment only basis. Click here to see our hours at both our Boulder and Longmont locations and to see how to make an appointment. If you are under 18, all of our services are completely free! If you are 18 or 19, there may be a small fee based on your income.
It’s a great idea to consider condoms and dental dams when you’re engaging in sexual activities. If used correctly and consistently, condoms can help prevent pregnancy and STI transmission by up to 98%! Teen Clinic offers free condoms and dental dams.
Even if you are using condoms, it’s still important to think about starting a birth control method if you are engaging in the type of sex that can result in pregnancy. Teen Clinic offers quite a few methods that can help prevent unplanned pregnancy. Here are some examples of methods we provide and a little bit information about each one!
- Abstinence– abstaining from oral, vaginal, and anal sex is the only way to prevent unplanned pregnancy and STIs 100% of the time
- Condoms, etc.– Male (external) condoms, female (internal) condoms, and dental dams help to reduce your risk of unplanned pregnancy and STIs
- Birth Control Pills (estrogen, progesterone, and a combination of both)- take every day at the same time
- Birth Control Patch (Ortho Evra)- change every week
- Birth Control Ring (Nuvaring)- change every month
- Birth Control Shot (Depo Provera)- receive every 3 months
- Birth Control Implant (Nexplanon)- effective for 3 years
- Intrauterine Device/IUD Hormonal (Mirena)-effective for 5 years
- Intrauterine Device/IUD Non-hormonal (Paragard)- effective for 10 years
If you have any questions or want to make an appointment at Teen Clinic, give us a call at 303-442-5160.