If you are thinking about becoming sexually active or already are, prevention against sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and unexpected pregnancy is super important! Be sure to choose a birth control and prevention method that fits with your day-to-day habits and activities.
Ask yourself the following questions…
- Am I really ready to have sex?
- What am I at risk for? STIs? Unintended pregnancy?
- What method is safe and comfortable for my body or my partners?
- Which method is convenient for me to use?
- Which method is affordable and easy to find?
Now that you’ve thought some more about your needs, check out our brief descriptions of birth control and prevention methods:
You are unique and so are your prevention needs. Your Teen Clinic nurses are here to provide professional advice on which prevention method is right for you. Ask us an anonymous question online or call to make an appointment for a personalized consult on choosing a birth control method.