Many teens get nervous before coming to Teen Clinic for the first time. It can help to be prepared, so here are some things you can expect.
Highlights from a typical visit:
- Just like for any appointment, you’ll fill out paperwork.
- You’ll have to give a urine sample so be sure to drink water ahead of time. We collect urine samples from ALL patients. Sometimes we use it for a variety of tests; sometimes we don’t use it at all!
- In the privacy of an exam room, you’ll be asked about your medical history and have a chance to ask questions.
- A trained nurse practitioner (NP) will give you a physical exam if you request one or need one.
- You’ll talk with the nurse about your concerns and any testing or medication you need or want.
- At the end of the appointment, you’ll review any health plans you discussed during your visit and schedule any follow up appointments you may need.
To make an appointment, click here.